Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Clean eating....

I used to balk at this subject...I used to think nope not ever gonna happen. Then a Facebook friend, fellow army wife, my beach-body coach who we will call Anonymous set up a challenge group. I started the week at 297...not a bad place to start since when I sated over a week prior I was 299. On day 3 I was down to 294....and I had to modify stuff because I never shopped produce section. Well not never...I grabbed banana's and mandarin oranges for baby and potatoes and onions. But unless hubby had a craving for a salad that was the extent of produce. Today I got a ton of stuff...can I tell you how excited I am to have grapefruit for breakfast?

Now there is something I need to be upfront with...I modified my menu plan from the challenge because of lack of "clean" food in my house till Wednesday...I went shopping on day 3 and stocked up on stuff to finish week...by the way fresh spinach is amazing to replace lettuce in a taco salad. I did still keep my coffee creamer..one I needed calories and two I was cranky without it but I only used 1/2 a tablespoon compared to 2 tablespoons per cup. Now I also need to point out I have cut my coffee consumption back from 4-5 cups of coffee with 2 tablespoons of creamer and 2 teaspoons of Splenda sugar blend (total calories per cup-92) to 2-3cups with 1/2 tablespoon of creamer and 1 teaspoon of splenda sugar blend (total calories 29.5 per cup) So doing the math I went from 368-460 calories a day in coffee to 59-88.5 a day. I also do still use seasonings...just low sodium and certain things to make the food edible and so that I am not making 3 meals a night for dinner...1 for the hubby 1 for me and 1 for the baby. 

I also kept my calories under 1300, drank a ton of water(no less then 8 glasses a day sometimes more...with limited Mio...(yeah clean your glasses, computer screen you read right Queen of lack of water is drinking plain/plainish water.) Mandarin Orange is really awesome in the water.  

I know now that clean eating is not bland, not expensive(see Facebook Page for breakdown on what I got and what I spent for my first clean food shopping trip), and above all it works. Now I will probably stick with this calorie intake since it is working, but do not cut your calories that drastically (I cut 1000 from my first week intake) without trial and error. Somedays you may have to eat more if you are more active, but always make sure you are not suffering from headaches, muscle aches, and lagging...up some calories. 

On Saturday I will be posting another long one with total weight loss and and end measurements!

Till then...Happy Dieting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...