Sunday, February 2, 2014

Month One Review and Start of Month 2

Well month one is in the books...it is done and I have made some progress. I lost 12.6 pounds and 6 inches over all. Not too bad of a month considering the highs and lows of the month. The highs included the clean eating which I have modified but still keeping up with more fruits and veggies in my diet and less processed, I am keeping all meals under 600 calories and snacks for total day right around 200 sometimes 300...but I am actually keeping under 2300 calories a day easily and I have kicked late night snacking. The lows were a major sinus infection that took me out of the game for a few days and a few flare ups from the temps dropping way low and not being able to get warm.

Now I want to touch on something....I used to use straight splenda packets in my coffee religiously. I was having a really rough time with flare ups and just plan blah feeling. I switched at beginning of January to their sugar blend which for a teaspoon is 20 calories but I feel a lot better. I do not think that is the only reason but I think it does play a small part in it. I know aspartame doesn't affect me...diet soda's, crystal light, mio...I can drink and have no issues. But switching to the sugar blend and cutting coffee from 6-8 cups a day to 4 at most and pushing more water made a huge impact. I also think increasing the veggies and getting a bit of spinach in my diet probably did it's part too. I am not screaming it is poison. I have read the articles on line and I have read the stuff on snopes.com....seriously it comes down to personal tolerance.

SO to kick off the month
Current weight 289.4
waist: 52
hips: 52.5

I am hoping that the temps continue to rise and I can get some good walking in this week with Abbie and I am actually kicking off the week getting us on a schedule where I am up by 7:30-8:00 breakfast, workout and shower done by 9:30 and baby up around then. Here's to staying strong this month and enjoying all the yummy snack foods I have found that trick my brain into thinking we are having the good stuff. Until next time....

Happy Dieting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...