Monday, June 9, 2014

Been awhile....

But life happened. Only change this time is when life happened I did not fall off...slowed down a bit but did not stop. So a couple of big things in the works for the next few weeks. My daughter turns 2 in 6 days, my husband and I are going on maybe the second date since we have had Abbie, and if everything is right in my world we will be taking our first family vacation. In the mean time got to tell y'all about the new high tech gadget I finally broke down and bought myself. I bought a fitbit...just the zip but it does the trick!

I got it on Friday and I can all ready tell the difference. I deleted myfitnesspal and found new apps to do my tracking with and I lost three pounds from Friday to Sunday. I am also surrounding myself with people who truly "get" where I am at in this journey. The reason I deleted myfitnesspal is this...I would have my set number of calories to eat for day and every time I worked out they added all the calories burned back in. Well I know there was still a deficit because I wasn't eating near the 3000 plus calories a day that my scale tells me I need to maintain my weight but I was getting stuck because I was eating as much as I was burning and plateauing. With the fitbit let me clarify...yes it does add some calories back over time but it doesn't add all that I burn back in. The fitbit also takes into account what I burn when I am writing, watching TV, or snuggling. So I get a better understanding of what my bodies needs and WHEN. Myfitnesspal is good don't get me wrong but I just wasn't hitting what I wanted to hit with it. The other thing I did was I downloaded Body Fat Calculator and Dynamic weight and body tracker to my phone...They were not more then $3.00 an app for full versions. On the Body Fat Calculator it is set up to do "military" weight and tape so it is more accurate and on the Other tracker it is simply weight and measurements black and white no other stuff and gives an idea when you will hit goal weight.  So with these three tools plus my containers and knowledge from 21 day fix and my planet fitness membership....I am armed and ready to really refocus and hit the goals I have for myself.

One final note...I have a facebook page that coincides with this blog and I know it is more then my friends who have liked the page and are reading this. Well I have 51 likes on the page and am striving for 100...so I am doing a give away.  As soon as I hit 100 likes at https://www.facebook.com/MadDieter One lucky reader will win one of these. Now I am teaming up with the creators of the keychain to do this contest so I am asking that you like this page as well...https://www.facebook.com/TClarklClarkBottleCapJewerly They also have a contest going for when they hit 1400 likes. 
 
So in closing not too much more happening here except new results pics next week from end of third round of the 21 day fix. Until then....
 
 
Happy Dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...