Saturday, August 29, 2015

Reflecting....

 The last few weeks have been crazy...but I am getting things accomplished one day at a time. I have also been doing some thinking and reflecting on some of the stuff and events of my past.  Now let me be very clear, reflecting and dwelling are two different things. I no longer dwell nor live in the past. I also do not regret it. If one event had been different in my past, I would not be where I am today...and by all accounts I am in a much better place, mentally, physically, emotionally and  financially. I have a full life and I am so in love with what I am doing and what I have going with the connections and the people in it.

With school and psychology and all I have thinking about introvert and extrovert. And I keep saying I am an introvert...I was not always.


I am the one who spent six nights a week out with friends. Then I replaced bar nights with firehouse and work and I was always into something. I enjoyed a day here and there at home to recharge. Then I lost my mom. I still have a hole that will never be filled. I have a dull ache that will never fully go away, but I also have a family and friends who need me and love me enough to let me grieve, but again not dwell.

 When my mom died there was a shift and I started shrinking in. I am a firm believer in all things happen for a reason. I took my time off, I moved and I healed kinda.  2015, I have been making new friends and doing new things and I am so far from my comfort zone, I am scratching my head wondering
how we got here.

 So now I am faced with a dilemma, am I an introvert with  extrovert tendencies...or am I an extrovert with introverted needs???

I believe I figured it out. I am an extrovert with introverted needs. I love being out there and hanging out with people...once I get to know everyone. I love all the new stuff that this year is gonna bring. BUT when I get home and I take off my shoes I need time with my music, my writing, and my self.
 I am feeling like the me I was 6 years ago. I am finally making the right strides with me eating disorder, my fibro, and my depression. I feel like I am in a place where these things will no longer devour me. I also need people to understand when I say no I am not being social today, it is not you don't take it personal. It is really really me. It is me who needs to spend a day in fort coloring and no adulting and no pants...well real pants. I really am okay...and the next day the me I have missed so so so much will be back.

I am full of spunk, sass, smart ass, and love. When I say I got this or I got you, I got you. Just know...it may not be immediate but it is on my to do list and will be done by deadline. But I am back, me, Audie the one that knows I got this!!!
 



Just for today I am gonna Snoopy happy dance and be so glad that not only has a HP delivered me from dependency on my meds to function but he has revived and healed my spirit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving into 2024...normalize doing what heals you

 So, in a random turn of events, we are moving 5 days into the new year. We have a permanent address. It is crazy. March of 2022, our whole ...