Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Broken Crayons still...


 I caught up on two days of meditations and reading. I also did something new this morning, rather than listening to my regular music, I switched to Amazon's Top Christian station and found some new cool music...now I also want to explain a change that is going on. I have not recently found religion. I always knew where it was at...I have recently returned to my roots. I am far far from perfect, but I am working on my walk every day. I am breaking the cycle of fear or rejection, so I isolate, I isolate so I feel hurt and lonely, so I eat, I eat and I feel like no one will ever want to be friends and I do not want to deal with the fear of rejection....
So I chose to break that cycle! I am not my past, I am not my size, and I am not my flaws and imperfections. I refuse to allow the broken side of me to control what I do. Do not get me wrong...I still hurt, I still grieve because of past events...DAYS ARE HARD!!!! But I want recovery and an attitude of gratitude more!!











Today I choose to learn something new...something new about me, the world around me, a friend. My Dad actually ingrained in us growing up that a day where you did not learn something new, was a day wasted. I refuse to waste any more days!

I have also learned in just 16 days of the 365 days of happiness quotes...my own happiness starts with, well get this...crazy concept...it starts with me!! If I can not find happiness and content with in myself, by myself...I will never be truly happy.

 In this journey of rediscovery and recovery, I have already learned a few new things about me...If I open my mouth and say hey...I need a friend I am feeling low...normally someone is around.  I no longer need to do vague or cryptic posts to get someone's attention. I also have a bigger support circle than I realized!!!


So just for today, I am saying to hell with rejection, I am going to learn something new about me, and I am going in pursuit of my own happiness!!


2 comments:

  1. Linda Kaffer9/16/2015

    ♡♡♡ if you need someone I am around. Pursue that happiness!!

    ReplyDelete

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...