Sunday, December 20, 2015

2015 wrap up and goal setting for 2016




March 2015

June 2015




December 2015
 As I sit with 11 days left in 2015 I went looking for pictures to put side by side from January to December...I couldn't find one. The closest I found was February. I also found this few others that I wanted to share. This year was not so much about the physical weight loss as the emotional baggage and weight I shed. 
These are just a few random pictures that I pulled and while I was looking, I had an epiphany. From Dec of 2014 till around June/July of 2015 there are few pictures of me. I am not talking selfies, I am talking pictures.
I was miserable and it showed in how I carried myself, not just in the pictures, but there was a certain, my give  a damn is busted in my attitude. Then I really committed to OA, I processed some serious emotional things and there was a shift, I started to come out of my shell again.

For many years after a messy break up in my early 20's, two rough relationships through the rest of my 20's, losing my mother...there was a lot of reasons I was sad and withdrawn.

Now that I have dealt with that and I am not dwelling on the past, I have also made some realizations and can't wait to carry some of this over to 2016!!


February 2015







The very first thing I am laying down in 2016...I'm in the best mental state of my adult life...I am happy!! SO if you negative, if you always looking for the bad...I will be leaving you this side of the calendar. If you are always the victim and never take responsibility for your issues..yup this side of December is for you too! I am too head strong and I have fought to much to get to this point and I will go kicking and screaming back! So the best way to prevent it...is change up that circle as needed....deuces to the bad only positive from this point forward!




 I have also realized I really do have the ability and motivation to do anything I wanna do....I quite smoking and I have maintained a GPA above a 3.7 this year. I have the attitude to carry me through even when everyone says you won't do!
I intend to spend 2016 doing what I have found I love doing, teaching and spending time volunteering with the chapel. I am not ready to go back to church on Sundays but I will show up to work when needed...I feel another blog coming on that one.

 But this year has been about destroying the walls and digging through the ashes...this has been my phoenix year. I am no where near the same recluse I was in January. So what does that mean for 2016?


Well here are the goals:










1. 3 days a week of exercise....just kidding!

The main goal for 2016 is to make the outside match the inside. I also will finally de-clutter  the house and simplify things! This is a transition year as hubby will be working on getting out of military and I will be going from stay at home mom and college student to working college mom. We also will have a preschooler by the fall....


So tho keep up with all these changes here is what I have going...Phases.

January will kick off phase 1:

Jan 1-28
  • 6500 steps a day!
  • Hair and make up done at least 4 days a week
  • 100 ounces of water a day
  • work out 3 days a week with Just Dance
  • Gym 2 nights a week
  • MAINTAIN THE HOUSE!!  



Just for today I am gonna keep working on getting things lined up and in place to have a successful 2016 and counting down the days till family lock down with some unplugged honest conversation and fun!! Kiddo has 4 or 5 board games for Christmas!!!! Game night pics to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...