Sunday, September 17, 2023

The More You Know...

 There was a TV campaign when I was growing up in 30 second blips that always ended with the more you know...apparently they are trying to bring this back as well. But before I totally digress...sometimes it is not about the more you know. Let me dive into this...

They say knowledge is power and it truly is. Like I know a lot about cleaning, I know a lot about saving money, I know a lot about weight loss, and the list goes on and on about what I know a lot about. However what I have learned over the years knowing about something doesn't get the job done. There are a few things that have to happen before that knowledge really is the power they speak of. 

Spoiler alert it is not just about having to take action on it either. There are a few steps between gaining the knowledge and taking the action on applying the knowledge. There are three steps in there. First is the awareness of what you are doing and how to get closer to being the type of person who does the things. Second is the acceptance of that you are not currently the person who does these things and that there are changes that need to be made for you to become this type of person. The third is the willingness and want to change must be present. 

Now I want to pause here...want to and willing to are sometimes two very different things. I want to buy all the things but I am not willing to jeporadize a roof over my head. I want to eat all the pizza and cake but I am not willing to once again gain all the weight I lost back. I do however want to change and I am willing to put in the work for the changes to happen. 

Something else that has come up this week a lot is the word acceptance. The biggest thing I have to accepted is I am not perfect. That does not mean that I am a failure or not worth the effort. It just means I am letting go of this idea of perfect. There is no perfect time, season, or moment to do all the things. There is however the right time to let go of this idea of perfect by accepting I am not and will never be. I will not get all the things done in a day. I am not a robot. 

I need to also prioritize my own needs for rest and relaxation. I need to prioritize my writing, the need for healthy foods, the budgeting aspect of life...so on and so forth. This week I have really been toying with this idea of just accepting that it really it was it is. 

This act of accepting though is not where it stops. It where it all starts actually. It is the first action in changing. So while for now it may look like I am not doing anything...I am really processing and accepting that this really is my life now. That this is where my life is really going to change and that things may get worse before they get better. That emtions may run higher and thoughts may get deeper. But it is all part of the process. 

So this week is going to be an interesting one as I am moving through this process. Hell I may even start blogging twice a week to help get thoughts out and down. See I know I am not the only one going through this and it helps me by sharing my story! 

But it is that time..

Till the next blog-

Audie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...