Monday, December 25, 2023

Moving into 2024...normalize doing what heals you

 So, in a random turn of events, we are moving 5 days into the new year. We have a permanent address. It is crazy. March of 2022, our whole world went upside down when we received a letter that our lease would not be renewed and from there, y'all know the rest of the story. Well, that chapter is about to come to a close. On January 5th, we move into our new home. It has been a long time coming and there is an appreciation for that. However, we I came up with the title of moving into 2024, it was a very different topic.

We are also at the time of the year where goals are discussed and such. I am not doing goals and I am not pushing for a total overhaul in 2024. I thought about my word for the year and then I said why a word, specifically coming at it from a writer's standpoint, I cannot pick one word. What I can pick is a series of words that are much like synonyms and of course the bible verse of the year. Drumroll....

The words-maintain, consistent, steadfast which leads me to the bible verse: 1 Corinthians 15:58 - Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Now, does this mean I am not growing, not working on the weight loss, not working on building financial stability? HELL NAH!!!! See what I mean by all of this, is I am coming to an understanding on how things work. I have to decide to focus on doing what I need to do within a serious of tweaks that will allow me to have the life I want. 

At the core of this I have figured out that in order for me to be successful, I get to do what I enjoy and what heals me. This is my writing. Between my husband and friends, I have everything I need to do this. So, I am working on being consistent with my writing for 2024. I am doing what heals me. I am doing what has made the biggest impact on my life in a short amount of time. 

Let me explain this. I have been blogging since my mini was a mini, so for 11 years. However, as much as I love this and it is a great outlet, it is not what sets my soul on fire when writing. Fictional writing is my true love. And honestly on October 22nd when I picked up the pencil for the first time in 26 years to do just that, well.... I did not anticipate the impact it would have on me. I did not see it wanting me to end my day writing versus randomly scrolling social media. I just saw it as a way to stop shopping online and spending money that I really didn't need to spend. It was a hobby I had everything for...till my computer acted up, but Christmas was a perfect time to make a new computer happen anyway. 

So I do not have to plan anything, no diet to follow, no cabinet to over haul. The only thing I am planning is my writing. I write every night for an hour or so before bed. Now I working on a better bed time but 9:30-10:30 is good for writing. Mornings are better for blogging.  

Wrapping this up to get back to my family on Christmas day...do what heals you. Play the video game, write the story, make the jewelry...whatever it is that brings joy back into your life do that consistently. Everything else well that falls into place!

Till Next Time-
Audie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...