Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Exercise...to do or not to do?

Officially started month 2 on the second.  Feel amazing and I am pretty happy with my progress.  I also have been thinking again about some weight loss topics and came across a thought.  On the website that I use for tracking I have been blessed to meet a lot of people in a lot of different stages of weight loss.  Some just starting, some in the middle, and some towards the end and just maintaining so they don't go back to the beginning.  There is a common thread in the all of this.  Some days we just don't want to do it.  No want to get up off the couch and do it.  I have been there and and not letting myself go back down that road.  For the first time in I have no idea, my house is clean, my laundry is put away, and I am not groaning every time I move.  Hell my dirty laundry is even in the laundry basket.

When I first started tracking my exercise, I tracked everything because in my head...I figured I wasn't moving before, I am finally moving...this is exercise.  After two months, my gym time, my just dance time, my crunches...those get logged.  I only log an hour of house work and an hour of play time with Abbie during week and three hours of housework for Saturday (laundry day).  Yes there is more play time and probably more housework...I do cook and all of that fun stuff.  But if I tried tracking more, I would never ever ever eat the amount if calories needed to maintain that energy level without getting yelled at.  Having a hard enough time as is with trying to eat 2800.  But this is not the point....digressing as usual.

The point is all exercise starts somewhere.  I also learned it hurts more to sit on the couch and do nothing.  Thank You fibromyalgia.  I have finally found a routine that works that keeps everyone happy.  There are some days I don't want to find my shoes and do this.  Then I remember how hard it used to be to get off couch and pick up Abbie. Those days to get me motivated, I put on some cheesy music...Hanson comes to mind and dance in the kitchen in my socks.  Then putting my shoes on and doing what I got to do is a little easier.  It all starts somewhere and getting started is the hardest part of the battle.  10 mins....3 songs is better then none.  So don't worry if you can't run a marathon or your not sprinting through workouts.  God knows I am not, but I give it all I got.  But you have started and you are doing something only you can do for you...moving.    So you don't have weights..you have soup cans in the cabinet...those work till you are ready for the real deal.  So you got tired after 5 mins...okay do 5 mins later.  The point is just move.  Little bits at a time for small amounts of time till you are ready to take on a full fledged thing.  It took me 2 months to fully commit to  6 days a week of exercise and not scream in pain with movement at night or wake up stiff as hell in the morning.  Lets get moving guys...what have we got to lose?

Happy Dieting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...