Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Loveable Monster

Dear lovable monster in a toddler body,
Mommy loves you…
But please stop chasing the cat,
No you cannot have cookies for breakfast,
Sure please lay in the floor and scream
Because I took a second and half to long
-to find the blue cup
-the right “bunny” yogurt
-will not let you play Picasso on my washer.
-we have to leave in an hour not right now.
And I will answer the question why six hundred and seventy-five times by 9 am!
But all that is worth it when you grab my neck and squeeze and say
I love you Mommy!
Worth it when you sing to me all the songs I have been singing to you
-ABc’s, twinkle, twinkle, Elmo’s song, and let’s not forget
-Get Lucky, Radioactive, and the ever popular Glee rendition of Pompeii!
And who can forget the adorableness of grabbing my hands screaming
DANCE PARTY Mommy!!!
Dinner time is a battle but if I can get a hot dog and a sip of milk in you
MOMMY SUCCESS!!!
While it is tiring,
The look in your eyes when you discover something new-
The way you brush your hands off and exclaim we done
After picking up two toys surrounded by a dozen more-
And that last sleepy eyed I love you before you finally snuggle in and fall asleep.
I would never trade a single moment of being your mommy...
You won’t be little long,
And as anything else-
This phase shall pass… You adorable little monster in a toddlers body!!!
Love, your amazed tired mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...