Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Never Done




Where can I find an endless day?
Where can I find a clock that never runs out of time?
Make the coffee, change the diaper,
No don’t touch that,
You cannot sit on the cat!
Dinner in five minutes
Bills are paid
Got an A on this assignment
Only 8075 more to go till graduation.
To do lists that roll over each week like unused minutes of a phone plan.
Each day closer yet so far from being done
Where are my socks?
Some days I want to scream,
Run away from it all,
No I am not mom or wife or student today…
Damn yes I got the email and can we postpone the meeting till next Thursday?
Not mom, volunteer, wife, or student….just me.
But my whole world is them and all I do.
Give me ten, I can do this….
I am feeling that fire again,
There is a lot to say,
I am a writer far from done…
No more bottling,
No more hiding.
But without the chaos
I am lost and feel empty.
Bring it on!!
After all this time,
I am back bitches!!!
Got lots to say,
Today I will get my just five more minutes to think….
I am putting to paper all the thoughts swirling round and round.
Because I am never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...