Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Learning a few new tricks!

 The road to self discovery can be a long and winding one. I am on a recent role and after I finish this blog...I am finishing my to do list for today. Tomorrow I start a crazy few days with kids and parties and meetings...My next no plan day would be next Wednesday. The introvert in me is like but umm, recharge? I will do that in a whole new way soon.  

Anyway, last night I sat with my mini and we had a girls night...It was so much fun and I taught her girl fight...complete with the laughing and screeching and she loved it. Well I mention this because I have found something...when you truly laugh and I don't mean that prissy little giggle and such...I mean laugh from the belly...where you lose your breath..it releases something. Yes, the threes are an infuriating time as a mommy...but that is another blog on another day. I also have found that just letting go and singing...puts me on a whole other level of damn....I got this.

Oh I have weight to lose, I have teeth fix, I am getting wrinkles and it is dawning on me everyday I am so much closer to 40 than I am 20 now, but why be miserable about it. Whether I laugh through the good times and enjoy everyday or I sit an dwell on the what I need to dos...life is still gonna pass me by. So, I am gonna own it!!! I set a goal starting 8/ 23/2015 to walk 35,000 steps a week and/or 14 miles. So it comes down to average of 5000 a day and/or 2 miles. Well here we are at the half way point of my week and well...I need 134 steps by midnight to stay on track. I also am a 1/4 mile on my miles for week. I can do 134 just in trips to the bathroom and washer and dryer. The point is to set a goal and crush it...but crush it for a month consistently.
 From there I will up it to 10,000 steps a day.

Back in January yes I said I wanted to be a better me and I set all the goals, and well I got bored. I built a house of excuses and now here I sit in August and I am overjoyed at how much of the better me attitude is sticking!!! Today I have headphones charged the hubby home and a to do list that will be done by bed time!!! So with that
I leave you with the Just for today...OWN your victories and celebrate the little wins...they all add up to big successes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...