Sunday, April 17, 2016

Slowing down and refocusing....

What a week!!! Now, I wanna take a moment and explain and clarify for my long time readers, I HAVE NOT FALLEN OFF! I am still plugging away on the weight loss goals and plans and this current challenge is actually working well! Where I went crazy...I lost my morning quite time. That time of prayer and mediation and when I talked with God, and this morning and this week I have been reminded...that part is not optional! I need that 20 mins to an hour before the crazy kicks in! (BWT That is an awesome song! Look it up on Youtube it is by the same artist that does the song below! Before the crazy kicks in..look it up!) But before I digress...

So I have not had a slow down since April 1st, I have left my house EVERY single day for at minimum an hour or two, and yes I paused and read the devotional and the OA reader...I did not LISTEN to the message. It was read...check that off the to do list and move one.

 But I was missing an important piece of the puzzle, what was the message?? Well this morning it was neon sign obvious...SLOW DOWN! Live a little, laugh a lot. We do not have to spend every single day doing amazing great things...some days it is about giggling with a mini, grabbing coffee with an old friend, or just sitting down shoulder to shoulder with your spouse and being still.


 When we take the moment to laugh, we are reveling in one of Gods greatest gifts! That is why he gives us kids...have you heard the things that come up with? Having a bad day, listen to two toddlers for five minutes and I can guarantee  they will lift your spirits. But we get so caught up in the have to do's, the must do's, and we forget to pause for the little moments.











Sometimes we need a five minute conversation with a friend to remind ourselves, it is not that serious, in a few weeks...it will all be over. It may be months, but the stress will not last forever! Adulting and people are hard...we can't spend all day with cats, so we have to find a reason to laugh!


So slow down, enjoy the journey and refocus on the important things! Today, I find a balance of being an introverted extrovert. I love being out and about, but I need a balance of days at home to days out....I found out the hard way...16 in a row is too many! I was on the verge of losing it when I sat down with my coffee this morning!
















I was on my way to losing myself again! I was on the slope to isolation simply because I did not balance! God showed me this morning...my personality and who I am, is who I am supposed to be so it is time to rewind to January and that focus and dedication I had to my time with Him every day. Whether morning or night...just still and in totally intimacy with him. As I write this, I feel as if I am not even in control.....like someone is moving my hands with puppet stings and with chills!!! Which brings me to the song below...Write your story!!



 When I give God the reigns, when I let go and let God, I remember the following....I am fearfully and wonderfully made. When I give Him the power to mold me...I have success and joy and I laugh a lot more. So just for today, I am focusing on the little things...one task at a time while I let God make things happen as he as written! I even am giggling at the fact that I finished dead LAST at the 5k yesterday...you know why? Because it was God's way to wake me up and let me know I was not letting Him in as I had before! I was slipping away! I had stopped letting him control this year! I had stopped relying on the theme verse for the year! Again with the chills!!! But there will be more 5k's in the future...This was a first one and I loved it!!!

Listen to the song, pull up the other and Have an AMAZING week!!! Till Next Weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. The songs you spoke about are my 2 of my faves and so is the artist who sings them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to check her out after hearing her in your car and found a few I like!

    ReplyDelete

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...