Sunday, July 22, 2018

Trying to find a balance....

And no matter where I look or what rock I turn over, I am not finding one. That is because in the last monthish, I have learned well you cannot find a balance, you must create it. So I am creating a balance and many days I feel as if I am failing at it, but then that glimmer of hope comes in. Yesterday, yeah I did not post on my daily page till late and it was not my typical musings.

Yesterday, I was student and mom. I have new bed and furniture coming for my mini on Wednesday so I paused and spent the day going through toys....OMG the toys. A bag and a half later they all had a home and all the broken toys were gone. Hours of sorting and smuggling into a trash bag...you know the broken toy shuffle right? Well this morning, it was studenting first and then while yes I have a 1500 word paper and discussion boards to do, I could not focus on them because of this swirling in my head....I knew I had  blog brewing and this morning it would not leave me alone. I also have a want to plan and a want to clean...but there is a little thing called work that is going to happen today too...sleep, personal time...like seriously when and how do I fit it in?

Well, first step is to stop glorifying the busy. I say I am busy, but what am I busy doing? What is it that keeps me from accomplishing anything in my day. My first thing, the scrolling on the internet. Mindless scrolling. I say I am going to check one thing and 6 videos, 7 memes, and 4 hours later...what just happened? So now, I try and log off for a period of time so that I don't have the notifications popping up and as a distraction.

Then, okay now what else is keeping me from getting anything done...you guessed it. A cigarette break. One smoke break can take me 10 minutes, 15 if I stretch it. Wellllllll if you take 10 x20=200 minutes. Over 3 hours of time I could focus on something else....So I have found 7 wasted hours in just 2 things I am doing that sabotage what I am trying to do....

Okay so now what? I am getting really good at the weekday up and go, the weekend well...it is the weekend. I need to work more on that. Tonight I will be in bed at 11. Up at 5, hit up the coffee, PD and workout with a splash of coaching. This leads me to getting us up and ready for work and school (mini is in a Summer Program). Then out the door! Home to dinner and finish school work so I can do it again Tuesday but oh wait, Tuesday is not an early shift, so I can come home and knock out house stuff...so on and so forth. I am going to be putting some stuff together as well as taking some pics and showing you next week how this week went!

For now, The coffee cup is empty and I got a few things to do before work...so I am gonna find a refill and make it happen! Till Next Sunday...

Drink all the coffee and do all the good stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...