Saturday, June 21, 2014

Scales work for politicians!!!




I am absolutely positively convinced the above statement is true! I have on in my bathroom....some days I step on it, some days I ignore it's existence, and some days I just plan ole don't care one way or another. The days I despise it is on weigh in days for whatever facebook challenge I am participating in to keep me motivated and that is the day that it tells the biggest lie and puts up numbers that have me scratching my head...seriously I gained 5 pounds over night???? (Haven't been that bad but if you have been reading from Blog 1...you know I am sarcastic and a pro at exaggerating) Anyway I digress as usual. So it tells lies and stories and if it had a nose it would have grown a lot at that moment. But as a woman and as a dieter I see the number and I panic and I run to GNC and I ask for all the diet products and I hit the gym and then I come home with a pint of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream and wallow in that fact the scale lied. STOP!!!!

When I started my journey I was all about the scale. I never once put another thought into anything else could measure weight loss or anything it was all about that number...well if age is but a number so is weight. Don't get me I want to see that number go down and it does and then it sneaks back up again. Just like age it sneaks up on you but now as I am wiser and almost a pro at this whole dieting thing I have also determined that yes the scale tells only one side on the story. The tape measure, your clothes, how you FEEL tell another. So this morning I weigh in for my weekly stuff on Facebook and the scale says you are 2 pounds heavier then last week....okay scale is in the corner all ready and there it will stay. Then I bust out the tape measure and OH YEAH I lost 3 inches this week. Clothes fit me better this week then they did last week too and I am enjoying the fact that my husband has to follow me up the stairs because yup you guessed it he wants to watch my ass. These are the moments to celebrate!


Now I will not suggest fully ignoring the scale. The scale can also tell the truth and it can give you clues as to what to expect in the coming days. I know with my gain that the give me chocolate and no one dies days are coming and I can prepare for them. It is also can set a pattern...one week up one week down....watch this and watch your food intake...remember we track that for a reason. I can look back at my tracker for week tomorrow and I can see well I ate more sodium this week and didn't stay on track with my water...OHHH I can fix that. Yes at this stage in the game I am still learning and changing habits. I was a fat girl who didn't care for 20+years who three years ago said yup enough is enough! But again I digress....

The scale is not your friend, it is not your enemy, it is an object in the corner of your bathroom that can be utilized in your fight against the bulge. By giving it the power to make or break your day you are giving it a life. Just like when politicians speak during election years we hang on words and are filled with promises of a better tomorrow...the scale in the bathroom promises that it will change everything....but if we don't follow through and do the work it is not gonna change.


So on a final note....Once a week meet with your scale, make some notes, and leave it alone for the rest of the week. Celebrate when it works with you....learn from when it works against you. But remember at the end of the day it is just a number.

Happy Dieting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Endings Suck, ummm Maybe?

 End is defined as the final part of something, and also has a verb definition of bring to a final point, finish something...finished is def...